Registration renewal for your food facility closes December 31, 2014. Failure to comply may result in civil or criminal penalties up to and including plant closure and product seizure. As part of the Food Safety Modernization Act, facilities that manufacture, process, pack, or hold food within the United States or foreign food facilities that export to the United States must renew registration in even numbered years. You can find more information here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/FoodFacilityRegistration/ucm324780.htm
Keep these important facts in mind:
- Re-registration is free.
- You will NOT get a new registration number.
- Regardless of updates made outside of this window, you must renew your registration during October 1 and December 31, 2014.
- The requirement to update registration when facility information changes is still in effect.
- Check FDA’s registration renewal page for more information.
- Section 415 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) [21 U.S.C. § 350d] requires food facilities that are required to register with FDA.
Please be advised that “updating” your registration is a different function than "renewing” your registration. During the renewal period, you will not see the “Update” button listed on the FFRM main menu, until the registration is renewed. If a registration is not renewed by 11:59 PM on December 31, 2014, the registration is considered expired and will be removed from your account. If you have any further questions please contact the FURLS Helpdesk: by phone 1-800-216-7331 or 301-575-0156; or by email FURLS@fda.gov.